Use a custom audience to target your guests on Facebook and Instagram.
To create an email automation, follow these steps or you can watch this instructional video.
- Go to business.facebook.com/adsmanager and select your add account.
- Click the green + Create button to begin setting up your ad campaign.
- For Campaign Objective select Traffic, which will optimize your ad for clicks.
- Name your campaign and click Next to go to Ad Set setting.
- In the Ad Set setting, set the Budget (as a best practice, Bikky recommends using a "lifetime budget") and set the Schedule for the start and end dates.
- Scroll down the page in Ad Set settings to Audience and click Create New on the right side and select "Custom Audience" to upload your custom audience file.
- For the custom audience source, select Customer List and click Next.
- In the Prepare Your Customer List page, you do not need to do anything. Click Next.
- For Select List Type, select Yes (your file contains the total lifetime spend of your guests). Click Next.
- Click Upload File to upload your custom audience file (ensure that this is a CSV file).
- For Choose Your Customer Value Column, click the drop down and select the row that begins with "value" (which is the total lifetime spend of your guests).
- The Map Identifiers step is mapping your file to Facebook data points -- there is nothing for you to do for this step. Select Import & Create to upload your file.
- Click Create an Ad to begin creating your ad.
- Create the ad. See image below for descriptions of the ad settings page.
- For your ad, add your media (image or video) and text.
- What does my ad look like? See the images below to see where the headline, primary text, and description appear in the Facebook and Instagram ads.
Facebook/Instagram Ad Setup with a Custom Audience Instructional Video