Learn more about welcome emails, see examples, and learn how to automate them through Bikky and Mailchimp.
Welcome a first-time guest to your restaurant with welcome emails to build a relationship with them. In this article, we'll cover:
Welcome Email Explanation
For new guests to your restaurant, you should engage with them right after their first order to build and nourish your relationship. As a best practice, Bikky recommends a series of emails (also called a ‘sequence’) that introduces your new guests to your brand to drive repeat orders. Your welcome emails should be story-based that introduces your story, menu items, and other facets of the restaurant you wants to communicate.
The first email in the sequence is sent the day after a guest places an order for the time. Then, subsequent emails in the sequence are sent 5 days apart. The content of the first email should be 'thank you for your order' and a welcome from the founder. The content of the other emails should include, but not limited to, menu item highlights, the story of the restaurant, your food ethos/philosophy, and an introduction to your loyalty program (if you have one).
Here's an example of a welcome email sequence:
Welcome Email Examples
INDAY Welcome Emails
- Welcome from the founder
- Mobile App Highlight
- Food philosophy
- Menu Item Highlight: Curry Chicken
- Our Values
- Menu Item Highlight: Avocados
- Spotify Playlist Highlight
- Menu Item Highlight: Masala Mama
Ivan Ramen Welcome Emails
- Welcome from the founder
- Our story
- Menu Item Highlight: The Shio Ramen
- Menu Item Highlight: Squid
- Thank You Message
- A Message From the Founder
- Menu Item Highlight: Red Chili Ramen
Liang's Village Welcome Emails
- Our Story
- Menu Item Highlight: Beef Noodle Soup
- How to order
- Menu Item Highlight: Pork Wontons
- Menu Item Highlight: Beef Pancake Wrap
Automating Welcome Email Instructions
- Mailchimp integration with Bikky: Ensure your Mailchimp account is integrated with Bikky if not done already. If not integrated, add email@example.com as an admin to your Mailchimp account and contact your Bikky Onboarding Manager to enable the integration.
- Bikky Guest Segmentation: Build a segment in segmentation with the criteria "First Order Date is within the last 1 days" and when you save the segment, select the checkbox for Mailchimp Sync.
- Mailchimp classic automation: Set up a classic automation within Mailchimp with the trigger from your Bikky segment. Learn how to set up a classic automation in this article.
- Trigger: Delay set to "immediately" and select the tag the was created from your segment.
- Ensure that your Schedule is set to "Send at" a specific time. Bikky recommends sometime in the late morning.
Welcome Email Automation Instructional Video